Minor Surgical Procedure
$1500 - $6000
Before & After Images by Provider
Before & After Images by Provider
What is SlimLipo?
SlimLipo is a form of laser-assisted liposuction combining laser heat energy with traditional liposuction techniques. SlimLipo may be labeled a high definition liposuction procedure similar to Vaser. The laser heat energy delivered to fat cells emulsifies them for easier removal with additional skin tightening benefits to the treated area. SlimLipo is less aggressive in the fat cell removal technique so there is less downtime and side effects. SlimLipo reduces unwanted excess fat cells improving body contours and tightening skin.
What cosmetic concerns does SlimLipo treat?
- Abdominal Contour: Stubborn belly fat is removed with SlimLipo.
- Arm Shape & Size: Liposuction minimizes stubborn rear upper arm fat deposits.
- Buttocks Shape & Size: Reducing fat cells can further define the buttocks.
- Excess Body Fat: Strategic excess fat cell removal creates body contouring, sculpting, and defining.
- Leg Shape & Size: SlimLipo reduces fat accumulations in the upper thighs.
- Mommy Makeover: Liposuction can help restore the pre-baby body by removing collections of fat resistant to diet and exercise.
- Neck & Jaw Definition: Reducing fat deposits in the neck and jaw contours the face.
Who is the ideal candidate for a SlimLipo procedure?
The ideal candidate for SlimLipo is a man or woman with diet and exercise resistant excess fat deposits, or an individual with moderate skin laxity. SlimLipo is not recommended for those with poor skin laxity (loose, hanging skin), or individuals at an unhealthy or unstable weight.
What is the average recovery associated with a SlimLipo procedure?
Most patients undergo a few days of downtime following SlimLipo. Bruising, swelling, and tenderness will lessen within 10 days, although swelling can be present for up to six weeks after the cosmetic procedure. A compression garment can aid healing for the first few days depending on the treatment area.
To better understand the healing and downtime associated with the procedure, check out our complete guide to liposuction recovery.
What are the potential side effects of a SlimLipo procedure?
Possible side effects following a SlimLipo include higher skin temperature at the treatment area, redness, edema, thermal burns, discomfort, muscle soreness, bruising, and itching.
What can someone expect from the results of a SlimLipo procedure?
The results of SlimLipo, a laser assisted liposuction, are visible after the cosmetic procedure, although they improve as swelling lessens over four to six weeks. Full results from SlimLipo will develop around three to six months after the cosmetic procedure.
What is the average cost of a SlimLipo procedure?
A SlimLipo procedure can cost anywhere from $1,500 to $6,000. The actual cost of SlimLipo is dependent upon location, board certified plastic surgeon, and length and involvement of the plastic surgery. Learn more in our complete guide to the cost of liposuction.
- Skin Tightening
- Faster Healing
- Quick Recovery
- Fat Reduction
- Possibility Of Burns
What to Expect
SlimLipo is a form of laser lipolysis which emulsifies unwanted fatty deposits for easier removal during liposuction. Here is a quick guide for what to expect before, during, and after a SlimLipo treatment.
- Stop taking blood thinning medications for 2 week
- Stop smoking 4 weeks before and after
- Stop all diet medicine, ephedrines, asthma, or thyroid medicine 2 days prior
- No caffeine after midnight day of procedure
- Incision made near treatment area
- Treatment area infiltrated with tumescent fluid
- Probe inserted which emits laser energy to break down fat
- Cannula inserted to suction away emulsified fat
- Compression garment applied
Immediately After Treatment
- Swelling and discomfort
- Bruising and muscle soreness
SlimLipo is a fat removal and skin tightening cosmetic procedure used for body sculpting and body contouring. Laser energy mitigates side effects and improves the efficacy of the cosmetic procedure.