$2600 - $8500
What is radiofrequency-assisted liposuction (RFAL)?
Radiofrequency-assisted liposuction (RFAL) is similar to traditional liposuction, however, the radiofrequency energy not only assists fat cell removal, but also provides skin tightening benefits. A popular brand name RFAL procedure is BodyTite™, and RFAL is sometimes referred to as a high definition liposuction (like a Vaser procedure). RF-assisted liposuction removes unwanted excess body fat, tightens the skin, and causes less surrounding tissue damage for faster recovery with less side effects.
What cosmetic concerns does radiofrequency-assisted liposuction treat?
- Abdominal Contour: Stubborn belly fat can be reduced and abdominal skin tightened.
- Arm Shape & Size: Liposuction and RF energy tighten skin and lessen stubborn rear upper arm fat deposits.
- Buttocks Shape & Size: Reducing stubborn fat cells can further contour the buttocks with added skin toning benefits.
- Excess Body Fat: Targeted excess fat cell removal with skin tightening allows for body contouring, sculpting, and defining.
- Leg Shape & Size: Tightening skin and reducing fat accumulations in the upper thighs to improve contours.
- Mommy Makeover: Liposuction can help restore the pre-baby body by removing collections of fat resistant to diet and exercise.
- Neck & Jaw Definition: Removing fat cells from the neck and jaw can tighten skin and contour the face.
Who is the ideal candidate for a radiofrequency-assisted liposuction procedure?
The ideal candidate for radiofrequency-assisted liposuction is an individual with exercise and diet resistant fat deposits, and moderate skin laxity. Radiofrequency-assisted liposuction is not recommended for those at an unhealthy or unstable weight, or those with poor skin laxity.
What is the average recovery associated with a radiofrequency-assisted liposuction procedure?
Most patients experience a few days of downtime following a radiofrequency-assisted liposuction. Bruising, tenderness, and swelling begin to resolve in 10 days, although swelling persists up to six weeks. A compression garment may be advised for the first few days depending on the treated area.
What are the potential side effects of a radiofrequency-assisted liposuction procedure?
Possible side effects following a radiofrequency-assisted liposuction include temperature changes at the treatment area, redness, swelling (edema), thermal burns, discomfort, muscle soreness, bruising, and an itching sensation.
What can someone expect from the results of a radiofrequency-assisted liposuction procedure?
The results of radiofrequency-assisted liposuction are noticeable following the procedure, however, they evolve further as swelling subsides over four to six weeks. Full results from the radiofrequency-assisted liposuction are seen six to 12 months after the cosmetic procedure.
What is the average cost of a radiofrequency-assisted liposuction procedure?
A radiofrequency-assisted liposuction procedure can cost anywhere from $2,600 to $8,500. The actual cost of radiofrequency-assisted liposuction is dependent upon location, board certified plastic surgeon, and length and involvement of the plastic surgery. Learn more in our complete guide to the cost of liposuction.
- Skin Tightening
- Improved Body Contours
- Possibility Of Burns
- Doesn't Help Loose Hanging Skin
What to Expect
Radiofrequency assisted liposuction not only helps to remove unwanted fat deposits, but also tightens the skin for improved body contours. Here is a quick guide for what to expect before, during, and after RFAL treatment.
- Stop taking blood thinning medications for 2 week
- Stop smoking 4 weeks before and after
- Stop all diet medicine, ephedrines, asthma, or thyroid medicine 2 days prior
- No caffeine after midnight day of procedure
- Incision made near treatment area
- Treatment area infiltrated with tumescent fluid
- Bodytite hand piece inserted delivering RF energy internally via the cannula and externally via an electrode
- Cannula moved back and forth in fanning motion to melt and suction away fat
- RF energy tightens skin
- Compression garment applied
Immediately After Treatment
- Swelling and discomfort
- Bruising and muscle soreness
Radiofrequency-assisted liposuction is a fat removal and skin tightening cosmetic procedure for body sculpting and body contouring that uses RF energy to reduce side effects and increase efficacy.