Try on Ultrasound Skin Tightening Solutions
‘Try on’ aesthetic procedures and instantly visualize possible results with AEDIT and our patented 3D aesthetic simulator.
$175 - $5000
Before & After Images by Provider
Before & After Images by Provider
Ultrasound Skin Tightening
What is Ultherapy®?
Ultrasound skin tightening is a non-surgical procedure that is more commonly known as Ultherapy® (i.e. the only FDA-approved skin tightening treatment). This minimally invasive procedure sends ultrasound energy deep through layers of tissue into the dermis and SMAS layer to encourage new collagen and elastin production lifting skin and tightening sagging or loose skin. Ultrasound energy does not cause any damage to the skin surface, unlike radiofrequency or laser skin resurfacing.
What cosmetic concerns does Ultherapy® treat?
- Facial Skin Laxity: Ultrasound energy waves used in Ultherapy® promote increased new collagen and elastin for an enhanced skin protein matrix.
- Neck & Jawline Definition: By firming and tightening facial and neck skin, the contours of the lower face are refined and defined for a more desirable aesthetic.
- Chin Shape & Size: Similarly, the shape of the chin can be contoured with ultrasound skin tightening.
Who is the ideal candidate for an Ultherapy® procedure?
The ideal candidate for Ultherapy® is seeking tighter skin with the understanding the surface appearance will not change. Individuals with mild to moderate skin laxity or early signs of the aging process of any skin tone will benefit. Ultherapy® is not recommended for those with more severe facial skin laxity.
What is the average recovery associated with an Ultherapy® procedure?
There is no recovery time following an Ultherapy® procedure. Some minimal swelling and bruising may occur, but will resolve quickly. Almost all normal activities may be resumed immediately after the procedure.
What are the potential side effects of an Ultherapy® procedure?
Potential side effects from Ultherapy® are typically very mild and may include redness, swelling, tingling, tenderness, bruising, or numbness.
What can someone expect from the results of an Ultherapy® procedure?
The results of Ultherapy® are not immediately noticeable following the procedure. They will finalize within six months, and first become noticeable after two or three months. Maintenance treatments are recommended every six months, although the results from a session can last one to two years.
What is the average cost of an Ultherapy® procedure?
An Ultherapy® procedure can cost anywhere from $175 to $5,000. The actual cost of Ultherapy® is dependent upon location, board certified plastic surgeon, and length and involvement of the plastic surgery. Learn more in our complete guide to the cost of a Ultherapy®.
- Skin Tightening
- No Downtime
- No Injury To Skin Surface
- Can Be Used In Any Skin Tone
- Delayed Results
- Mild Pain
- Does Not Address The Skin Surface
What to Expect
Ultrasound skin tightening uses ultrasound waves to penetrate the face at varying depths to encourage collagen and elastin production over time, smoothing fine lines and wrinkles. Here is a quick guide for what to expect before, during, and after an Ultherapy treatment.
- An antiviral medication may be prescribed
- Men with facial hair will be asked to shave their face
- Face will be marked to denote facial nerves
- Ultrasound gel applied to the treatment area
- Ultrasound hand piece applied to the treatment area
- Ski treated at varying depths from 1-4.5mm
Immediately After Treatment
- Immediately return to normal activity
- Slight swelling and bruising
Ultherapy® (a.k.a. ultrasound skin tightening) is a non-invasive, FDA-approved method to tighten, tone, and define the skin of the lower face, jaw, chin, and neck for a refreshed, rejuvenated appearance.