Minor Surgical Procedure
$2000 - $18000
Before & After Images by Provider
Before & After Images by Provider
What is NeoGraft?
The NeoGraft system is a semi-automatic hair transplant technique for hair restoration and improvements to balding areas or thinning areas, and a receding hairline. NeoGraft is considered a semi-automated follicular unit extraction (FUE) hair restoration technique. The NeoGraft system differs from FUE and follicular unit transplantation (FUT) in that the NeoGraft device (a semi-automated pneumatic wand) assists the plastic surgeon or provider in extracting hair follicles from donor areas and reimplanting them into recipient sites.
The Anatomy of a Hair Follicle
NeoGraft is believed to limit provider fatigue and allow for more efficient hair follicle harvesting.
What cosmetic concerns does a NeoGraft procedure treat?
- Hair Loss: Utilizing a pneumatic wand, individual follicular units are harvested and reimplanted into balding or thinning areas for more volume and density via NeoGraft.
- Forehead Shape & Size: NeoGraft can improve the volume, density, and distribution of hair to improve the frontal hairline, and the appearance of the forehead.
Who is the ideal candidate for a NeoGraft procedure?
The ideal candidate for a NeoGraft procedure is seeking to restore hair loss due to baldness, thinning, or a receding frontal hairline. NeoGraft candidates will need adequate hair follicles with healthy hair growth for successful transplantation. NeoGraft is not recommended for individuals with poor follicle donor sites, or those with hair loss from stress, medication or medical treatments, or any other reversible cause.
What is the average recovery associated with a NeoGraft procedure?
Recovery time following a NeoGraft hair transplant procedure is relatively short, and most candidates return to work and resume light activity within one week. Normal hair care (like shampooing, hair products, etc) can be restarted after 10 days. Patients are advised to refrain from alcohol, strenuous physical exercise, excessive sweating, and swimming for at least seven days.
What are the potential side effects of a NeoGraft procedure?
Potential side effects from a NeoGraft procedure include itchiness, hemorrhage, infection of grafts/graft sites, telogen effluvium (thinning or shedding of hair), formation of cysts, and excessive swelling.
What can someone expect from the results of a NeoGraft procedure?
The results of a NeoGraft surgical hair restoration begins to become noticeable after 12 to 16 weeks when grafted hair follicles and hairs begin to shed and regrow. Five to 12 months following the NeoGraft procedure the majority of new hair growth will occur.
What is the average cost of a NeoGraft procedure?
A NeoGraft procedure can cost anywhere from $2,000 to $18,000. The actual cost of a NeoGraft is dependent upon location, board certified plastic surgeon, and length and involvement of the surgical hair restoration. Learn more in our complete guide to hair transplant cost.
- More Accurate
- Fewer Procedures
- No Scarring
- Minimal Discomfort
- No Sutures
- Quick Recovery
- Opportunity For Human Error
- Not As Fast As Other Methods
What to Expect
NeoGraft is a semi-automated hair transplant system that automates the harvesting of follicles, improving the accuracy and speed over manual extraction instruments. Here is a quick guide for what to expect before, during, and after a NeoGraft hair transplant.
- Stop using topical hair treatments for 2 weeks
- A prescription shampoo may be recommended
- Stop taking blood thinning medications for 2 weeks
- No alcohol 3 days prior
- No smoking 1 week before and after
- Patients with light hair will dye hair 3 days prior
- Local anesthesia
- Hair in donor area will be cut short
- Hand held device powered by pneumatic pressure removes donor hair
- Recipient sites created in the proper orientation, angle, and direction
- Follicular units are carefully separated and implanted
Immediately After Treatment
- Swelling and discomfort
- Do not touch hair with either hands or combs
NeoGraft is a semi-automated pneumatic wand assisted surgical follicular unit extraction (FUE) hair restoration procedure with minimal discomfort and quick recovery time. NeoGraft extracts individual healthy hair follicles and reimplants them into balding/thinning areas for natural appearing improvements to hair density, volume, and distribution.