Try on Muscle Paralysis Rhinoplasty Solutions
‘Try on’ aesthetic procedures and instantly visualize possible results with AEDIT and our patented 3D aesthetic simulator.
$100 - $1000
What is a muscle paralysis rhinoplasty?
A muscle paralysis rhinoplasty is a minimally invasive, temporary rhinoplasty technique. Botulinum toxin type A (like Botox®) is injected around the nasal region (read: not directly into the nose) to reduce fine lines and wrinkles. The reduction of fine lines and wrinkles around the nose causes the nose to appear smaller and rejuvenates the nasal area.
The Anatomy of the Nose
What cosmetic concerns does a muscle paralysis rhinoplasty procedure treat?
- Nose Size: Botox® injections reduce the aged appearance of the area around the nasal region reducing fine lines and wrinkles, thereby creating the illusion of a reduced size of the nose and a youthful overall appearance.
- Nose Shape: Nose shape can be altered through non-surgical approaches that lift the tip of the nose and reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles.
Who is the ideal candidate for a muscle paralysis rhinoplasty procedure?
A good candidate for a muscle paralysis rhinoplasty is looking to decrease the appearance of the size of their nose through a minimally invasive technique. Older individuals will especially benefit from the restoration of youthful skin Botox® injections provide. Muscle paralysis rhinoplasty is not recommended for candidates with severe nasal deformities, breathing issues, or those who are nursing or pregnant.
What is the average recovery associated with a muscle paralysis rhinoplasty procedure?
Most patients experience minimal to no side effects lasting no more than one day and many individuals resume normal activities the same day.
What are the potential side effects of a muscle paralysis rhinoplasty procedure?
Possible side effects of muscle paralysis rhinoplasty with Botox® injections include muscle weakness, vision problems, or dizziness within a few hours or days after treatment.
What can someone expect from the results of a muscle paralysis rhinoplasty procedure?
The results of a muscle paralysis rhinoplasty are immediate, temporary, and typically require maintenance treatments every three to four months.
What is the average cost of a muscle paralysis rhinoplasty procedure?
The average cost of a muscle paralysis rhinoplasty is $100 to $1,000. This will be an ongoing expense due to the need for regular maintenance treatments. To learn more, check out our complete guide to rhinoplasty cost.
- Minimally Invasive
- Lower Cost
- Quick Procedure
- Immediate Results
- No Recovery
- Limited Results
- Multiple Treatments
- Does Not Correct Anatomical Deformities
- No Breathing Improvement
What to Expect
Muscle paralysis rhinoplasty uses botox injections around the nasal region to decrease fine lines and wrinkles that cause the nose to look larger. Here is a quick guide for what to expect before, during, and after a muscle paralysis rhinoplasty.
- Stop taking blood thinning medications for 2 weeks
- No alcohol 1 day prior
- Reschedule if a rash, cold sore or blemish develops
- An antiviral medication may be prescribed
- Skin will be marked for injection
- Skin will cleansed and numbed
- Injections typically between the brows, on the forehead, and around the eyes
Immediately After Treatment
- Do not manipulate treated area for 3 hours
- Do not lie down for 4 hours
- Avoid strenuous activity for 6 hours
- No skin resurfacing treatments for 10 days