$600 - $700
What is microneedling with PRP and stem cells?
Microneedling with platelet rich plasma (PRP) and stem cells is a non-surgical skin rejuvenation therapy that combines plastic surgery techniques with regenerative medicine. Tiny needles create minute tissue damage activating growth factor and the wound healing cascade, in addition to collagen production.
PRP is then applied to skin, which is a solution with a high concentration of platelets (platelet rich plasma) harvested from the patient’s own blood. The treatment is then further augmented with stem cell therapy.
PRP treatment is a type of PRP therapy in which blood components are separated to create a solution with the beneficial effects of enhancing natural healing. Platelet rich plasma therapy is commonly utilized in soft tissue concerns for it's anti-aging benefits, and also sports medicine.
What cosmetic concerns does a microneedling with PRP and stem cells procedure treat?
Microneedling with PRP and Stem Cells encourages the body to address old/damaged skin cells, augment collagen and elastin production, and rejuvenate skin complexion.
- Fine Lines & Wrinkles: Microdamage encourages collagen and elastin to plump skin.
- Facial Skin Laxity: Microneedling promotes the production of collagen and elastin to tighten skin.
- Uneven Skin Tone: Hyperpigmented collections are broken down via microneedling.
- Uneven Skin Texture: Microneedles eliminate areas of damaged and dead skin cells.
- Acne Scars: Microneedles break down scar tissue and PRP/stem cells encourage healthy cell growth.
- Stretch Marks: Microdamage breaks down old cells and PRP/stem cells create healthier tissue.
Who is the ideal candidate for a microneedling with PRP and stem cells procedure?
The ideal candidate for a microneedling with PRP and stem cells procedure is seeking to improve the appearance of minor skin imperfections such as fine lines/wrinkles, poor laxity, scars, or uneven skin texture and tone. Microneedling with PRP and stem cells is not recommended for individuals who have used Accutane in the past six months, individuals with wounds or skin infections, anyone who has undergone radiation in the past 12 months, those prone to keloid scarring, or women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
What is the average recovery associated with a microneedling with PRP and stem cells procedure?
Most patients recover within five days following a microneedling with PRP and stem cell treatment. Redness and tightness are typical in the first few days of the healing process. Avoiding strenuous activity for at least 24 hours is recommended. Careful skincare and limited sun exposure are also highly encouraged.
What are the potential side effects of a microneedling with PRP and stem cells procedure?
Possible side effects of a microneedling with PRP and stem cell procedure include prolonged erythema lasting 48 to 72 hours, warm, tight, itchy, and dry skin, or the development of areas of hypopigmentation.
What can someone expect from the results of a microneedling with PRP and stem cells procedure?
The results of a microneedling with PRP and stem cell treatment will not be apparent directly following the treatment, and will, over the course of four to eight weeks, slowly evolve. Skin will be tight, smooth, bright, and refreshed. Maintenance treatments are usually performed every six months.
What is the average cost of a microneedling with PRP and stem cells procedure?
Microneedling with PRP and stem cells costs anywhere from $600 to $700. The actual cost of a microneedling with PRP and stem cell is dependent upon location, provider, and length and involvement of the cosmetic procedure.
- Short Recovery Time
- Low Risk Of Side Effects
- Long Lasting
- Skin Tightening
- Limited Results
- Multiple Treatments Needed
What to Expect
Microneedling stimulates collagen production by creating micro-injuries in the skin and can be combined with PRP and stem cell growth factor serum to enhance results. Here is a quick guide for what to expect before, during, and after microneedling with PRP and stem cells.
- Avoidance of Accutane for 6 months
- Discontinue use of Retin A and other topic medications for 3-5 days
- Avoid skin resurfacing and hair removal treatments for 5-7 days
- An antiviral medication may be prescribed
- Reschedule if a rash or blemish develops
- A small amount of blood is collected from the patient
- Blood is placed into a centrifuge to separate the PRP
- Patient’s face is numbed
- Microneedling device is rolled over the area to be treated
- PRP is applied to the skin
- Stem cell growth factor serum is applied to the skin
Immediately After Treatment
- Skin will feel taut
- Do not wash the face for 5-24 hours
Microneedling with PRP and stem cells is a minimally invasive, effective skin rejuvenation technique. Microneedling with PRP and stem cells combines a multimodal approach to create mechanical breakdown, stimulate the healing process, and promote the beneficial effects of nutrient dense platelet rich plasma and stem cell therapy.