$150 - $6000
What is lipodissolve?
Lipodissolve is similar to mesotherapy in that it is an injection lipolysis dissolution solution that is an alternative to a more invasive liposuction procedure. Lipodissolve, however, has a standard formulation consisting of the primary ingredients phosphatidylcholine (PC) and deoxycholate (DC).
PC helps with the digestion and drainage of the fat cells that have been broken down by the bile salt DC. Lipodissolve is not FDA approved in the United States, and is banned, or highly regulated, in many countries due to a lack of standardized manufacturing. Lipodissolve is still undergoing clinical trials to determine safety, side effects, and efficacy. Lipodissolve is not a weight loss solution.
What cosmetic concerns does a lipodissolve procedure treat?
- Abdominal Contour: Stubborn belly fat can be dissolved with this therapy.
- Arm Shape & Size: The solution can be used to break down arm flab.
- Buttocks Shape & Size: Excess fat in the buttocks region can be addressed with lipodissolve.
- Cellulite: Lipodissolve contains active ingredients targeted to breaking down and digesting fat cells in various areas of the body.
- Excess Body Fat: Lipodissolve breaks down fat cells in various areas of the body.
- Leg Shape & Size: Targeted therapy to tops of the thighs can reduce fat cell accumulations.
- Neck & Jaw Definition: Lipodissolve can reduce fat collections in the jaw and neck.
Who is the ideal candidate for a lipodissolve procedure?
The ideal candidate for lipodissolve has stubborn fat deposits that are persistent despite diet and exercise. Lipodissolve is not recommended for those at unhealthy weights, women who are pregnant or breastfeeding, those with soy allergies, or firm or fibrous fat deposits.
What is the average recovery associated with a lipodissolve procedure?
Most patients experience limited downtime and recover from lipodissolve within a day or two. Normal activities can be resumed after the procedure, but strenuous exercise should be limited for a few days. Redness, swelling, and bruising will resolve within 10 days.
What are the potential side effects of a lipodissolve procedure?
Possible side effects following a lipodissolve procedure include redness, stinging, swelling, bruising, lightheadedness, nodule formation at the injection site, allergic reaction, and skin necrosis.
What can someone expect from the results of a lipodissolve procedure?
Lipodissolve results will become visible after multiple initial injections. Typically four to 10 injections spaced six to eight weeks apart are used for best results. Results will change with weight gain, pregnancy, and aging.
What is the average cost of a lipodissolve procedure?
A lipodissolve procedure can cost anywhere from $150 to $6,000. The actual cost of Lipodissolve is dependent upon location, board certified facial plastic surgeon or healthcare provider, and length and involvement of the plastic surgery procedure. Learn more in our complete guide to the cost of liposuction.
- Can Be Used All Over The Body
- Not FDA Approved
- Still In Clinical Trials
- Multiple Treatments
- Product Not Standardized
What to Expect
Lipodissolve is an injected form of fat reduction. Here is a quick guide for what to expect before, during, and after a Lipodissolve treatment.
- Avoid blood thinning medications for 2 weeks
- Treatment area iced for 4-5 minutes
- Lipodissolve solution injected into various locations around treatment area
Immediately After Treatment
- Minor and temporary bruising and swelling
Lipodissolve is a non-invasive injection lipolysis fat reduction therapy similar to mesotherapy composed of phosphatidylcholine and deoxycholate for dissolution and digestion of fat cells. It is not FDA approved in the United States. Lipodissolve can serve as an alternative to a more invasive cosmetic surgery like liposuction.