Try on Juvéderm® Solutions
‘Try on’ aesthetic procedures and instantly visualize possible results with AEDIT and our patented 3D aesthetic simulator.
$250 - $1497
Before & After Images by Provider
Before & After Images by Provider
What is Juvéderm®?
Juvéderm® by Allergan is a hyaluronic acid (HA)-based dermal filler approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to treat common cosmetic concerns including fine lines and wrinkles, lip shape and size, ear shape and size, and neck, jaw, and cheek definition. Hyaluronic acid fillers are the most popularly used in the U.S., and are, therefore, well-proven for their safety and efficacy.
Where to Use Neurotoxin vs. Filler
Juvéderm products are a collection of injectable gel hyaluronic acid-based dermal fillers targeting specific cosmetic concerns and treatment areas:
- Juvéderm® XC and Juvéderm Vollure® XC combat fine lines and wrinkles on the face most commonly at the smile lines (i.e. parentheses lines of the nose and mouth)
- Juvéderm® Ultra XC and Juvéderm® Volbella XC are used for lip augmentation, specifically thin lips and lipstick lines
- Juvéderm® Voluma XC is used for cheek augmentation, especially targeting the nasolabial folds for enhancements to volume and plumpness
Hyaluronic acid functions by pulling water into the injected area to augment volume and plumpness and smooth fine lines and wrinkles, while also stimulating collagen production. Certain Juvéderm® formulations have a thicker viscosity and provide plumpness from the injectable alone. Hyaluronic acid is considered the most temporary of the impermanent dermal fillers. Those seeking more lasting restoration and rejuvenation may wish to consider alternatively formulated fillers such as Radiesse®, Sculptra®, and Bellafill®.
What cosmetic concerns does Juvéderm® treat?
- Fine Lines & Wrinkles: There are two types of Juvéderm® formulations that can be utilized to smooth fine lines and mild to severe facial wrinkles (like crow’s feet, vertical lip lines, marionette lines, smile lines, etc.), and reduce age related volume loss rejuvenating the skin appearance.
- Lip Size: Juvéderm® is one of the most popular hyaluronic acid-based fillers to temporarily augment the size and shape of the lips.
- Aging & Tired Eyes: Those dealing with dark circles and under eye bags may get HA filler injections to plump, smooth, and brighten the under-eye area.
- Cheek Volume: Hyaluronic acid fillers, like Juvéderm®, can enhance the contour of the cheek and minimize the appearance of nasolabial folds.
- Nose Shape: A so-called liquid rhinoplasty involves injecting the nose area with hyaluronic acid-based filler to refine the shape, size, and overall appearance.
- Neck & Jaw Definition: Juvéderm® injections along the jawline can contour the jaw and improve the appearance and definition of the neck and jaw.
- Chin Shape & Size: HA-based fillers can be used to augment the chin and improve protrusion.
- Ear Shape & Size: Juvéderm® injections in the soft tissue of the ear can be used to define, refine, and contour the ear shape and size.
- Aging Hands: For patients dealing with age-related volume loss, HA filler can be injected to restore a more youthful appearance.
Who is the ideal candidate for Juvéderm®?
The ideal candidate for Juvéderm® injections is seeking a well practiced, safe, and effective temporary solution to numerous common cosmetic concerns. Juvéderm® is not recommended for those under 18, women who are pregnant or nursing, anyone with an allergy to the components of Juvéderm®, and those with certain medical conditions.
What is the average recovery associated with Juvéderm®?
Most patients experience minimal downtime with minor swelling, pain, and redness at the treatment site lasting no more than 24 hours. In some cases, swelling may persist for a few days. Many individuals resume almost all normal activities immediately following the procedure.
To better understand the healing and downtime associated with the procedure, check out our complete guide to Juvéderm® recovery.
What are the potential side effects of Juvéderm®?
Mild side effects of Juvéderm® injections include skin reactions like redness, dryness, and flaking. Firmess, tenderness, itchiness, lumps, bumps, possible site infection, and/or bruising/discoloration may occur. A serious complication of a Juvéderm® injection is intravascular injection (injection into a blood vessel) leading to skin necrosis. Severe allergic reactions can occur.
What can someone expect from the results of Juvéderm®?
Juvéderm® results are temporary and are usually immediately noticeable following the injections. Maintenance treatments are usually necessary every six to 12 months depending on the treatment area and candidate.
The average cost of Juvéderm® is $250 to $1,500. The actual cost of the injection will vary by procedure, location, board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon, and individual candidate needs. Learn more in our [complete guide to Juvéderm® cost](https://aedit.com/procedure/juvederm/cost).
What is the average cost of Juvéderm®?
- Immediate Results
- Minimally Invasive
- Reversible With Hyaluronidase
- Temporary Results
- Possible Asymmetry
- Reoccurring Expense
What to Expect
Juvéderm® injections are a simple, outpatient procedure with minimal side effects and recovery. Here is a general guide for what to expect before, during, and after a Juvéderm® injection:
- Stop taking blood thinning medications one day prior to surgery. Blood thinners may include Ibuprofen, Acetaminophen, Aspirin, and prescription anticoagulants.
- No alcohol one day before the procedure
- Reschedule if a rash, cold sore, or other lesion develops
- Topical local anesthetic applied to site of injection
- Injections (a combination of hyaluronic acid and lidocaine) are made in predetermined areas
Immediately After Treatment
- Avoid sun exposure, alcohol, strenuous activity, and makeup application for 24 hours following the injections
- Avoid touching or excessive movement of the treated area
- Sleep in an elevated position