Try on Facial Fat Grafting Solutions
‘Try on’ aesthetic procedures and instantly visualize possible results with AEDIT and our patented 3D aesthetic simulator.
$2500 - $10000
Before & After Images by Provider
Before & After Images by Provider
Facial Fat Grafting
What is a facial fat grafting procedure?
Facial fat grafting is a minor surgical procedure to rejuvenate the face and reverse facial aging for a more youthful appearance. Facial fat grafting utilizes a patient's own fat cells harvested via a cannula during liposuction for injectable fat transfer into predetermined areas of the face.
In contrast to a more invasive facelift or less permanent dermal fillers, facial fat transfer is "natural" in that it is the patient's own fat so there is no risk of rejection. Fat injections act as the natural facial filler (instead of typical hyaluronic acid fillers) to improve facial contours and create significant facial rejuvenation.
What cosmetic concerns does a facial fat grafting procedure treat?
- Fine Lines & Wrinkles: Fat harvested via liposuction from one area of the body is purified and strategically placed in the face for improvements in facial volume and youthfulness.
- Cheek Volume: In place of synthetic dermal filler, autologous fat can be used to restore volume and contour to the cheek.
- Aging & Tired Eyes: Fat grafting can replace under eye filler to address dark circles and bags under the eyes.
- Neck & Jawline Definition: Strategically placed fat can help to sculpt the jawline.
- Chin Shape & Size: Similarly, autologous fat can be injected to address the prominence of the chin.
Who is the ideal candidate for a facial fat grafting procedure?
The ideal candidate for a facial fat grafting procedure has signs of early aging like fine lines and wrinkles. Facial Fat Grafting is not recommended for those with coagulation or lipid metabolism disorders, certain chronic medical conditions, or low body fat levels who are not candidates for fat grafting.
What is the average recovery associated with a facial fat grafting procedure?
Following a facial fat grafting procedure swelling and bruising occurs and mostly resolves within 10 days, however, some swelling may persist for up to six weeks. Cool compresses can lessen swelling and discomfort. Most patients return to work within a few days, and resume most all activities within two weeks.
What are the potential side effects of a facial fat grafting procedure?
Possible side effects following a facial fat grafting include bruising, prolonged pain, redness, asymmetry, prolonged edema, fat calcification, and fat necrosis.
What can someone expect from the results of a facial fat grafting procedure?
The results of a facial fat grafting procedure will not be immediately noticeable following the treatment, but will evolve over a few months as swelling subsides. A portion of fat will be reabsorbed by the body. The results are subject to weight changes and aging.
What is the average cost of a facial fat grafting procedure?
A facial fat grafting procedure can cost anywhere from $2,500 to $10,000. The actual cost of a facial fat grafting is dependent upon location, board certified facial plastic surgeon, and length and involvement of the plastic surgery.
- More Natural Than Filler
- Less Risk Of Rejection
- Long-lasting Results
- Possible Asymmetry
- Unpredictable Rate Of Fat Reabsorption
What to Expect
A facial fat grafting is a plastic surgery procedure utilized to rejuvenate the appearance of the facial skin. Here is a quick guide for what to expect before, during, and after a facial fat grafting:
- Stop blood thinners a few days before the procedure
- Do not drink alcohol 2 days before the procedure
- Stop smoking 1 month before surgery
- Local anesthesia or general anesthesia
- Liposuction for fat grafting
- Fat is purified and injected into predetermined facial areas
Immediately After Surgery
- Swelling, bruising, and pain of the treatment area & the liposuction sites
Facial fat grafting is a facial enhancement cosmetic surgery using natural body tissues to create a more youthful appearance through anti aging benefits.